Following the withdrawal, in October 2014, of The Department for Transport Document (March 2007) ‘Guidance on Transport Assessment’ guidance on the preparation of supporting documentation in highway assessment terms can be found in the Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) suite of documents and in particular in “Travel Plans, Transport Assessments and Statements in decision taking”. This guidance is intended to assist all stakeholders in determining whether a Travel Plan may be required.
Travel plans may also be required for developments under the Transport Assessment threshold. The criteria below are a reflection of the fact that some smaller scale developments can have significant transport impacts. A travel plan will be required for:
- Any development in or near an Air Quality Management Area
- Any development in an area that has been identified within the Local Transport Plan (LTP) for the delivery of specific initiatives or targets for the reduction of traffic, or the promotion of public transport, walking or cycling
- Any area specified in the Local Development Framework (LDF), where it is known that the cumulative impact of development proposals is a cause for concern
- The provision of new or extended school and other educational facilities
- An extension to an existing development that causes the travel impact of the site to exceed the threshold for a Transport Assessment
- All instances where the local planning authority requires it
What Our Clients Say:
Swept Path Analysis and Visibility Drawing incorporated into a Technical Note, Proposed Residential Dwelling, Colchester.
Mon 28 June 2021
Highway Statement, Proposed Residential Development, Stockport
Thu 11 June 2020
Transport Assessment, Proposed Residential Development (170 dwellings), Essex
Fri 24 April 2020
Speed Survey, Proposed Private Residential Development – Testimonial
Sat 14 December 2019
Access Feasibility Study, Proposed Private Residential Development – Testimonial
Mon 30 September 2019
Analysis of Speed Survey and Swept Path Analysis
Tue 3 September 2019
Stage 2 Road Safety Audit, Residential, Staffordshire
Tue 16 July 2019
Construction Traffic Management Plan
Mon 15 April 2019
Flood Risk Assessment, Testimonial, Industrial Development, Sheffield
Tue 19 March 2019
Wed 21 November 2018
Require Assistance with a Travel Plan?
Sanderson Associates have enjoyed over 34 years in business, our experienced engineers have extensive experience in writing Travel Plans for a wide variety of developments throughout the whole of the UK, Isle of Man and Ireland.
We would be pleased to provide you with our competitive fee proposal to provide you with our Travel Plan Services, please call us on 01924 844080 or click here to complete our secure online form.